AmigaActive (1741/2143)

From:James S Crowley
Date:27 May 2000 at 19:53:35
Subject:Re: DOpus/AACDPrefs Trouble

Hi again,

> James S Crowley said,
>
> > I know that AACDPrefs is meant to be fixed but it is still giving me
> > a headache. Changing the Filetype to DOpus and saving it brings up
> > the message 'Error 41 in line 260'.
>
> Is this with the one on AACD09? Try deleting AACD.prefs and
> AACDfile.prefs from ENV: and ENVARC: and trying again.

I'm using the most recent version of AACDPrefs (the one on AACD09).
I tried deleting AACDfile.prefs and AACD.prefs from ENV: and ENVARC:
but I still get the same problem. I can change and save everything on
the system page except the filetype else I get the message above.

> > I've also put Autostart in my WBStartup
> > hoping to have the Welcome page load straight up but it doesn't :(
> > I've had a look with SnoopDOS and all the assigns seem to be made
> > okay, but it just stops after those even if the AACDLoad variable is
> > set to always load the Welcome page.
>
> What happens if you delete the AACDload environment variable? I think I
> should put control for this behaviour into AACD prefs.

I tried deleting that and re-running AACDPrefs to change it. It
saves the correct value (in my case 3 for always load welcome) but
when Autorun executes the script on the CD it just assigns AACDtmp:
and stops.

Has anyone got any ideas about my DOpus problems? You'd make me very
happy if you did!

Thanks again.

Regards,
James Crowley